3 tbsp hoisin sauce
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 tbsp sriracha (less if you don’t like spice!)
1 tsp sesame oil
2 tbsp mandarin orange juice
1 tsp cornstarch
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
½ onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
1 lb. chicken breasts, diced into small pieces
Butter lettuce wrap cups
2 green onions, thinly sliced
Mandarin orange segments
Sesame seeds for topping
- Make the sauce: In a small bowl whisk together hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sriracha, sesame oil, mandarin orange juice and cornstarch until combined.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat olive oil. Add in onions and cook for 4-5 minutes or until translucent and soft. Stir in garlic and ginger and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Add in chicken and cook until opaque and mostly cooked through.
- Pour in sauce mixture and cook for 1-2 minutes more, until the sauce reduces slightly and has thickened. Turn heat off and add in mandarin oranges and green onions.
- Serve 1/3 cup or so of chicken mixture into butter lettuce cups and top with more green onions and sesame seeds.